Our Client, an online daily news and data service, is seeking a highly-motivated junior journalist to join its London office. The role offers the chance to cover some of the world's most dynamic and fast-growing sectors, and is perfect for recent graduates seeking to break into financial journalism.
* Real-time investigative coverage of the Security and Defence sectors mainly in the North America and UK/Europe regions. Contribute breaking stories on a daily basis about a company that is on the acquisition trail, selling off part of its business, and raising funding either in the public markets or through private investment.
* The candidate will generate stories through interviews with leading executives, fund managers and experts in the sector.
* News stories will also be sourced through intuitive use of proprietary research, market reports, regulatory news services and other information services.
* Post-graduate level qualification in journalism; NCTJ or equivalent. Experience in writing financial articles would be useful and an existing understanding of financial markets, activities and terminology is a necessity.
* Major foreign languages are a distinct advantage.
* The candidate is expected to take an investigative approach to identifying and writing articles and to provide unique and well-researched insight.
* An inquisitive mind is a prerequisite along with a strong interest in becoming an authoritative figure on the diverse range of sectors covered.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or would like to apply for the role, please contact Ben Hewis on 0207 612 3867 or email benh (at) pfj (dot) co (dot) uk
To keep up to date with all of our latest Editorial and Content roles you can follow us on the following social networks:
Twitter: @pfjeditorialjob and @benhewis