We recently sent a salary survey to all of our Conferences, Exhibitions and Events candidates and clients in order to gain an overview of the current average salaries and bonuses being paid in our industry. We have broken this down dependent on how much experience employees have, what type of company they work for and what function that they work in.
These were our key findings:
• 100% of people working in sales for a media owner with more than five years experience earned between £60-£65k
• 100% of people working in sales for a commercial conference company with less than 5 years experience earned between £25-£30k with the opportunity to earn between £12-£15k bonus
• For an exhibition organiser that has less than 5 years sales experience, 100% of respondents are earning between £30-£35k, with the potential to earn between £5-£10k in bonus.
• For those with more than 5 years of experience in commercial conference companies, 50% of respondents earn between £45-£50k, and 50% between £55-£60k.
• 100% of people working for media owners with less than 5 years experience are earning between £30-£35k basic salary.
• For those with more than 5 years of experience, the split was that 25% are earning between £35-£40k, 50% are earning between £40-£45k, and 25% are earning between £60-£65k.
• For commercial conference companies, the average salary for those with less than 5 years experience is between £25-£30k, and for those with more than 5 years experience it is between £45-£60k
What the market told us:
• Budget cuts from sponsors are the biggest concern for employees in the current climate, as well as running events to previous standards with less staff.
• Respondents see the biggest opportunities within the market as being integrating social media and digital into their events.
Does this reflect what you're seeing in the marketplace? Would you agree with the key concerns/opportunities? To see more detailed results from our survey, please click here.